Saturday, July 14, 2007

Movie Review: "Happy Feet"

Lan and I spent the lazy Saturday afternoon watching DVDs. "Happy Feet" was surprisingly good and I can see why it beat our Pixar's "Cars" for best Animation Features at the Academy Awards.

Elijah Wood, famous for his character in Lord of the Rings, Frodo Baggins, was the voice of Mumbles... the lead character in this movie. Nicole Kidman, Britney Murphy, Robin Williams, and Hugh Jackman were among the actors who gave life and voice of these characters. It started out very entertaining and I love the songs, and the animation of tap dancing, which looks very similar to the late Gregory Hines moves. And then the story when kind of weird when they added live actors in this animation and ultimately tried to convey a "save our animals, save our planet" message.

All in all, Lan and I gave a 2 thumbs up (with 4 hands) because I still don't believe that it's as life like as Pixar's animation of "Cars".

No comments: