Monday, March 26, 2007

Bose QC3 Quiet Comfort 3 Noise-Cancellig Headphones

I went to the Apple store at the Grove and purchased a very pricey ($349.95) Bose QC3 headphones. It has active noise cancelling technology which cuts out most if not all ambient noise. I can listen to my ipod clearly. It's really strange, when I flip the switch on because I feel like I'm deaf and cannot hear anything at all.

The active noise cancelling features creates opposing sound waves to cancel out the ambient noise. This is better than the passive noise cancelling because it only provide you with plugs the stick so tight to your ears that nothing can go out or in of your ear canal. It's not very comfortable. The QC3 on the other hand is very comfortable to my ears. It comes with a charger and a rechargeable battery because in order to active noise cancelling to work it needs power. It's charging right now and I can't wait to try them on after it's fully charged. I'm going to use it for our road trip to WPPI tomorrow to drown out the road noise, and especially my partners' 3.5 hours of yakking. :-)

No comments: